Posted to alt.home.repair
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default Comcast Dropping Usenet

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 06:35:41 -0400, wrote:

Hi again,

How time flies...

I just realized that I need not look to the future to
understand the problems that might befall me if you are
correct.

I can look to the past.

As I explained earlier in this thread:

"(I will also mention that I had ongoing failures with
access to Giganews through Comcast about 18 months ago. For
a period of about 5 months, before they figured out the
source of the problem, Comcast reduced my monthly costs by
the amount I paid to Giganews. After that, my rates went
back to what they had been prior to the reduction.)"

That was far more than a year ago, and since I have had no
rate increase, no modification of my contract. In the
intervening 18 months I have experienced nothing other than
the reality that I demanded that they treat me decently, and
to my surprise (and no doubt to your shock,) they did.

By the way, I would be happy to drop Comcast, but,
unfortunately, they have a monopoly in my rural area.

All the best,

Have a happy fantasy, Ken. I'm through.

Hi again,

As before, this is not directed to you, but to others who
might be interested.

With the information I have provided, it should be clear who
is providing facts, and who is offering fantasy.

All the best,
--
Kenneth