Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.solar.thermal
Ron Ron is offline

Default Preheating water by running pipes through attic?

On Sep 21, 10:43*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
One issue, if you live in high humidity areas is that you may get condensation
which could cause all sorts of damage.

I live in Fl. I had my home replumbed a few yrs ago and the pipes are
in the attic. They wrapped the "cold" water pipe with foam rubber in
case of condensation.

I have to wait FOREVER to get cold water to flow, because the water
sitting in that "cold" water plastic pipe (I assume it's PEX) even
with the foam wrapped around it heats up and gets VERY hot.

I would NEVER purposely plumb a home like that. Hell, I can't even
wash clothes with cold water!