Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default door frame "wedges"

dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...

Erm, in my dictionary (yes I have several of those things in
hardback copies to hand, plus access to a plethora of them on
t'net) - they both mean the same thing, try looking them up!

Errm - no they don't. Price & cost are entirely different things. 'Cost'
is the important thing here.

Price to the seller, cost to the buyer, same thing, it just depends
on if you are supplying or consuming.

Not at all Dennis. Price is simply what you have to pay for an item. Cost
is the overall picture.

For example, take two methods of joining timbers in the frame for a deck;

The 'price' of 100 BZP M6 x 90mm Coach Screws is £2.91.

The 'price' of 100 Turbo Coach Screws M6 x 90mm is £3.88.

The 'cost' involved in using the 25% cheaper product is much higher because
I would have to drill pilot holes and they take longer to drive in. The
overall cost is lower because modern technology reduces the time & labour
element.

'One coat' paints and flexible tap connectors are other examples. They sell
for a higher price but cost less overall.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk