Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Small freezer

---MIKE--- wrote:
The last time I had a 3 day power outage I lost all my frozen food. I'm
thinking of getting a small freezer and "stocking" it with jugs of
water. When we have an outage I will put all my frozen food in it. How
long should the food stay frozen without power? The freezer will be
located in the basement which is usually about 60°F.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

My solution was to get a portable generator wired in with a transfer box
when needed. Losing frozen food was only one problem - there was lack
of water due to being on a well and in the winter, a couple of days
without heat made house uncomfortable.