Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dan Dan is offline

Default Panasonic plasma tv heat noises & their repair

"Ancient_Hacker" wrote in message
the parts are just little felt strips. The problem is the case is
plastic and the plasma panel frame is aluminum. Plastic expands much
more than aluminum with heat. The solution is to loosen the panel
mounting screws and insert little felt strips where the panel contacts
the plastic. The plastic will still expand but instead of popping, it
will silently slide. I'd bug the local Panasonic dealer or repair
center until they act.

Thanks for the reply. According to Panasonic, the part, now number
TXANV01TSER, is available for $0.95 & shipping. Sounds pretty
straightforward, I would prefer to do the modification myself it at all
possible. Do you happen to know if the kit comes with any installation
details, or where I might find this info?

This TV originally sold for more than 4 grand. I got it when 720's (like
this model) where beginning to be replaced by 1080's, so I didn't pay nearly
that much. Cynical as I am about such things at this point, I still find it
amazing that a product in this price range could make it to production with
such an obvious & easily/CHEAPLY remedied defect. Astounding.

Thanks again.

Dan