Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Comcast Dropping Usenet

Don Bruder wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Don Bruder wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
nospam wrote:

http://www.comcast.net/newsgroups/

I suggest YOU drop comcast.

I, for one, would love to.

The problem:
What would you suggest I use for connectivity?

No alternative at all ? Cable or ADSL, whichever Comcast isn't. If none then
presumably the internet you already have ?

You install a 'news reader' program - the simpler the better IMHO, I use
Netscape
4.8, configure it and hey presto you have news.

Graham

The internet I already have is Comcast. Unless I drop back to the
slow-motion hell of dial-up, or move up to a multi-hundred-bucks-a-month
fractional T line, there simply IS no alternative. (I've looked into
that option, and no matter how I try to diddle the numbers, it just
plain ain't feasible - As a ballpark figure, I'd be laying out something
on the order of 30 grand for the install, and likely waiting for close
to a year for it to happen, before I saw so much as a single byte of
data traveling on it.)

Like I said: Ain't communications monopolies wonderful?

Were you the OP ?

Well you'll have to stick with comcast and shell out a few shillings for news. I
reckon Astraweb's $10 one-off pre-pay deal is good for many years for text groups.

Graham