Posted to rec.woodworking
DanG DanG is offline

Default Should I use my Radial Arm saw or my Table Saw to cut a 2 x4 length wise

I own a good tablesaw and I own a radial arm. I wouldn't consider
either one for cutting a 2x4 over 4 or 5 feet long. It is a job
for a hand held circular saw.

If I had to use one of the stationary tools, I would use the
tablesaw. I do have a 6' fall off table.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"pete" wrote in message
I have 2 nice saws and have to cut a 2x4 in half length wise. My
son
approached the Table Saw, and I suggested the Radial Arm saw. My
Radial Arm saw is a compound Rockwell saw, that allows me to
move the
lower arm into a position so I can push the 2 x 4 from the side
that
has the splitter. My son likes to do it on the Table Saw right
along
the fence. To be honest, could I get a feeling what you guys do?
Please don't laugh about this dumb question, but I don't like to
argue
or tell my son what to do, and I'm too old to remember which way
to do
it....Thank you in advance........PM