Posted to uk.d-i-y
Billaboard Billaboard is offline

Default Shedload of problems?

Clint Sharp wrote:

I've got a Keter 8x6 'resin' shed, it's almost 5 now. It's on a
flagstone base with no anchors but there are holes in the floor for you
to screw it down if necessary.

It's not discoloured or at least if it has it's done it gracefully and
consistently. They do bend if you lean heavy things against the walls
but mine has regained its shape almost entirely after I made that
mistake. Even when the walls were bent out it didn't leak.

It's been waterproof and needed no running repairs during its life. If
you do decide to buy one, find a friend with a Costco card, they're
around £250 less than they are in B&Q (last time I saw mine it was the
wrong side of £500, I paid less than £300 at my local Costco)

The after sales is excellent, mine came missing a peg, I phoned the
support number and one came in the post next day.

Disadvantages are that the shelves have buckled under the excessive
weight (my fault, it was too heavy) and it's difficult to fit more
because you can't add your own brackets easily. I've got free standing
metal shelving in mine.

Unfortunately the smell is also missing, there's something very special
about the smell of a proper wooden shed filled with tools and the resin
ones just don't have it.

This is exactly the sort of info I was after, so thanks for the help.

It looks as though B&Q isn't too uncompetitive at the moment. Cheaper
than Argos and I can get the OAP discount. I'll investigate Costco. It's
years since I've used them. I've been back to B&Q for another look, but
the poor assembly of the small plastic stores and the fact that all the
sheds are up in the air, plus the lack of knowledge of the staff don't
exactly help.

I'd be planning to put it under some trees, so I think the roots might
be a problem. We are on what I believe is a fairly shallow topsoil on
sandstone, so the roots are near the surface and do move the flags on
the pavement outside.

The one thing I can't find from the Keter website is how long the
assembly takes and whether 2 people are essential for the whole job or
just for fitting the roof. I assume I'd have to find a second pair of
hands for a good 8 hours after the ground was prepared.

Thanks again.