Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Small freezer

---MIKE--- wrote:
The last time I had a 3 day power outage I lost all my frozen food. I'm
thinking of getting a small freezer and "stocking" it with jugs of
water. When we have an outage I will put all my frozen food in it. How
long should the food stay frozen without power? The freezer will be
located in the basement which is usually about 60°F.

Depends on how good the freezer insulation is and whether it's ever
opened and how much is in it to begin with. If you open it to stock it
_after_ the power is out, not nearly as long as if it were stocked
originally as it'll warm up quite significantly while doing that.