Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias[_3_] Mark D. Zacharias[_3_] is offline

Default Is microwave save without the outside cover screwed on.

"mm" wrote in message
I just got out of the hospital with a broken arm and abdominal
surgery. (you don't want to know the gory details) It's very hard to
do anything. I live alone.

I have a small microwave whhich had an intermittent fuse. It would be
great to have hot food. I can replace the fuse but finding and
getting and and putting on the metal cover, the cabinet, is probably
beyond me. It it safe to use without that outside cover? How far
away would I have to be.

What if I do find the cover but I can't do more than lay it on top, in
place, but can't even put one screw in. Does the cover help at all
wihout any screws? What about one screw? Does it have to be in
tight?

Thanks a lot.

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

It's safe enough from a radiation standpoint, but there are probably exposed
high voltage parts inside, and don't forget to unplug it before you change
the fuse.

New microwave ovens are cheap. I recommend just replace it.

Mark Z.