Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc

Default Comcast Dropping Usenet

I suggest YOU drop Comcast.

Other than the fact that Comcast charges too much, I have no complaints --
their customer service is excellent.

But if I dropped Comcast (as Scarlett said) -- Where would I go? What would
I do? Satellite doesn't provide Internet service. * And I can't go back to
dial-up.

Some of the money spent on the Iraq war might have been spent to install a
universal fiber-optic infrastructure. The actual service would be provided
by competing companies, not the government.

* As far as I know. Years ago there was a hybrid satellite system, with a
land connection providing the uploads.