Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Danger Nick Danger is offline

Default CFL's with a generator

"gore" wrote in message
I replaced all my incandescents with CFLs. With the recent power outages
here (Ohio) I bought a generator and was wondering if the CFLs can handle
the fluctuation of the generator.What I mean by the fluctuation is choke
not being set right so you hear the motor speed up and slow down evey half
a second

Every extended outage costs me a bulb or two. Doesn't necessarily happen
while on generator power, but shortly afterward - i.e. next couple weeks.
Casualties are spread pretty evenly between incandescent and CFL.