Posted to alt.home.repair
Rudy Rudy is offline

Default Stucco Paint

"SteveBell" wrote in message :

Sherwin Williams gives me a professional discount of 30% on most
products. They told me to tell my clients to mention my name when they
buy paint so my clients can get the discount. I specifically asked
whether I could just have my friends and family get the discount that
way, and the store manager said that was great.

I'm guessing that 70% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

That seemed to be the way that KM paint looked at it too Steve.

Rudy wrote:

they asked me if I had an account..I told them the name of the
painter XX Co.that I had spoken to but advised I was going to be
doing it myself. The clerk said WTH, I'll give you the XX Co.
price (cash) and I got all the product for $ 50-55 per 5 gal pail

I find it interesting that you think it's okay to use the name of a
contractor - who by definition is in the business to make money - to
secure a little deal without approval nor compensation to the
contractor. That does create a big benefit - for you. Most people
settle for the free estimate and free information the contractor
provides.

Read the above slowly..The store staff ASKED the question, I didn't
say I was with the company but that I was doing it myself and that
the painter had mentioned the name of their store/product. If they
were content with offering me a discount as part of their sale,
(which turned out to be 120 gallons) I think it would have been
pretty stupid to say: "No thanks, I'd rather pay retail". While
building that home, I ended up with several "accounts" at the 'trade
price' through various suppliers that didn't have a problem offering
me the 'big benefit' and I certainly didn't turn any of them down.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement