Posted to alt.home.repair
R.J. Johnson R.J. Johnson is offline

Default Stucco Paint

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 19:14:08 -0700, evodawg
wrote:

R.J. Johnson wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with Behr Elastomeric paint? How well
will it go through this gun

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...9 0029+502673
Anthing else I need to be aware of besides preping well?

It was always my understanding you don't paint Stucco. I creates a seal on
the outside and traps moisture. Stucco needs to breath, it's a concrete
product! There is an easier method called FOGGING and you can use an
ordinary garden sprayer to apply it.

I think you are right about not painting stucco, however, the previous
owners painted the house at least 4 different times. I was doing some
prep work today and found yellow, green, brown, and the current color
is battleship grey. I'm starting to worry about painting it because
whoever did it the last time did a very poor job. I was getting large
sheets of paint off of the house with very little effort. My plan is
to scrape off as much as I can, pressure wash it, then apply a primer
made for stucco and then two coats of stucco paint.