Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default Comcast Dropping Usenet

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 23:51:59 GMT, aemeijers wrote:

I'll note that many or most government/corporate sites stopped hosting
or passing on news, years ago, once they transitioned from UNIX to NT
servers, and GIU desktops, since web sites better fufilled their
internal requirements. Been a long time since the bandwidth usage for
Usenet was 'lost in the weeds', and a sysadmin could sneak it past
corporate.

I remember being able to read newsgroups with trn, years ago, and then
we were forced to move to those NT servers, and then trn wasn't
available. A sad day. Agent is ok, but I really liked trn.