Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie[_7_] Charlie[_7_] is offline

Default Amana icemaker

This is a bottom freezer fridge that is 10 years old.

The icemaker is not making ice although there is fresh ice in the tray.
There is a creaking sound from the icemaker as if it is trying to run. It
makes no difference if the arm is up or down.
Looking in there appears to be some ice sticking out at the rear of the
unit. That is it looks like a piece of ice was almost ejected but only got
about half way out. it seems to be in there solidly.

What is the likely cause?

I am tempted to remove the icemaker and let it all thaw out and see if that
resolves the problem or is this a symptom of a particular problem.

I am fairly handy, but this is my first experience with a balky icemaker and
I need some guidance.

Charlie