Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.philosophy,alt.slack,alt.obituaries
SODDI SODDI is offline

Default Is there any possibility that 250.000 eye-witnesses be ALL wrong?

"Aardvark" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:22:18 -0700, Zapanaz wrote:

Yes, that's how to solve the world's problems; imagine an invisible
man who lives in the sky, then ask him to fix them.

Go to Google and do a search for 'Descartes' Wager'. You'll probably
find a Wikipedia article about the subject. Read and digest the article.

No.

If you have something to say, say it. I'm not going to dig around on
Google and Wikipedia, trying to guess what your point is. If you can't
present the concept the wager represents yourself, I'm not going to do
your work for you.

Remain wilfully ignorant, then.

Can't you read? "If you have something to say, say it. I'm not going to dig
around on
Google and Wikipedia, trying to guess what your point is. If you can't
present the concept the wager represents yourself, I'm not going to do your
work for you."

Not "ignorant" - just sick of people who paste links instead of making their
own points.

And if you can't succinctly paraphrase Descartes' Wager, you have no
business referring to it.