Posted to alt.home.repair
olddog olddog is offline

Default New roof time

"JohnR66" wrote in message
It is getting near time for a new roof. I have a medium blown color
shingle now. I think I will go with a lighter shade to lower the heat load
a bit.
Does the color have much of an effect on shingle life? What is a good long
lasting brand of fiberglass/asphalt shingle? Do roofers typically charge
more for a roof with a steeper slope (45 deg).
Thanks

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm going to need a new roof soon but
I'm afraid white would show dirt. Here's article about light-colored cooling
systems.

http://www.professionalroofing.net/a...98/feature.asp

My house has large trees (that shed leaves and stuff) that covers about 1/4
of my roof so I'll have to get a darker colored shingle to keep it clean
looking but I'd like to have a white shingled roof.

olddog