Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Elrond Hubbard Elrond Hubbard is offline

Default sewing desk

"C & S" wrote in
:

All,

My wife is a quilter and she has sewing machines like I have saws. She
recently requested that I replace her grandmother's sewing table with
something
a bit bigger, and with better storage.

Unlike a seamstress, quilters generally work with the a sewing surface
in the same plane as the surrounding table area, hence the "pocket" in
the top. Hopefully when she upgrades, I'll be able to just make new
mating throat plate.

The wood is cherry with maple drawer slides, ash drawer guides and
plywood bottoms. Not only are the drawer heights graduated but the
side thickness and knob diameter subtlely increase as well.

Tails were cut by hand, with power "assist" to hog out waste. Knobs,
legs/feet were turned on my Jet 1442.

Very well thought-out design, beautiful work, and the dovetails are
particularly nice. A+++