Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default sewing desk

All,

My wife is a quilter and she has sewing machines like I have saws. She
recently requested that I replace her grandmother's sewing table with
something
a bit bigger, and with better storage.

Unlike a seamstress, quilters generally work with the a sewing surface in
the same plane as the surrounding table area, hence the "pocket" in the top.
Hopefully when she upgrades, I'll be able to just make new mating throat
plate.

The wood is cherry with maple drawer slides, ash drawer guides and plywood
bottoms. Not only are the drawer heights graduated but the side thickness
and knob diameter subtlely increase as well.

Tails were cut by hand, with power "assist" to hog out waste. Knobs,
legs/feet were turned on my Jet 1442.

The finish is Zinzer Sealcoat (shellac) followed by Waterlox Original.

Thanks for looking,

Steve

Attached Thumbnails
sewing desk-2008_0820sewingdesk0012-jpg  sewing desk-2008_0820sewingdesk0007-jpg  sewing desk-2008_0820sewingdesk0010-jpg  sewing desk-2008_0820sewingdesk0011-jpg  sewing desk-2008_0820sewingdesk0006-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default sewing desk - resized

"C & S" wrote in message
The wood is cherry with maple drawer slides, ash drawer guides and plywood
bottoms. Not only are the drawer heights graduated but the side thickness
and knob diameter subtlely increase as well.

Nice sewing desk. I've resized your images to make them easier to view.

Attached Thumbnails
sewing desk-sewingdesk5-jpg  sewing desk-sewingdesk1-jpg  sewing desk-sewingdesk2-jpg  sewing desk-sewingdesk3-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sewingdesk4.jpg (105.5 KB, 39 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"C & S" wrote in
:

All,

My wife is a quilter and she has sewing machines like I have saws. She
recently requested that I replace her grandmother's sewing table with
something
a bit bigger, and with better storage.

Unlike a seamstress, quilters generally work with the a sewing surface
in the same plane as the surrounding table area, hence the "pocket" in
the top. Hopefully when she upgrades, I'll be able to just make new
mating throat plate.

The wood is cherry with maple drawer slides, ash drawer guides and
plywood bottoms. Not only are the drawer heights graduated but the
side thickness and knob diameter subtlely increase as well.

Tails were cut by hand, with power "assist" to hog out waste. Knobs,
legs/feet were turned on my Jet 1442.

Very well thought-out design, beautiful work, and the dovetails are
particularly nice. A+++

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

C & S wrote:

All,

My wife is a quilter and she has sewing machines like I have saws. She
recently requested that I replace her grandmother's sewing table with
something
a bit bigger, and with better storage.

Unlike a seamstress, quilters generally work with the a sewing surface in
the same plane as the surrounding table area, hence the "pocket" in the
top. Hopefully when she upgrades, I'll be able to just make new mating
throat plate.

That is very nice, everything fits together really well

/Hiding this post now before my wife sees it

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...

/Hiding this post now before my wife sees it

Took the words right out of my mouth! Very nice work!

--Steve in Roseville

sewing desk plans speedbuggy Woodworking 8 October 17th 06 01:44 AM
sewing machinery sedatkzyk UK diy 0 March 21st 06 12:53 PM
sewing machinery [email protected] UK diy 0 March 14th 06 06:47 AM
sewing machinery [email protected] UK diy 0 March 14th 06 06:46 AM
Sewing machine Gunner Asch Metalworking 1 September 25th 05 10:55 PM