Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
C & S C & S is offline

Default sewing desk

All,

My wife is a quilter and she has sewing machines like I have saws. She
recently requested that I replace her grandmother's sewing table with
something
a bit bigger, and with better storage.

Unlike a seamstress, quilters generally work with the a sewing surface in
the same plane as the surrounding table area, hence the "pocket" in the top.
Hopefully when she upgrades, I'll be able to just make new mating throat
plate.

The wood is cherry with maple drawer slides, ash drawer guides and plywood
bottoms. Not only are the drawer heights graduated but the side thickness
and knob diameter subtlely increase as well.

Tails were cut by hand, with power "assist" to hog out waste. Knobs,
legs/feet were turned on my Jet 1442.

The finish is Zinzer Sealcoat (shellac) followed by Waterlox Original.

Thanks for looking,

Steve

Attached Thumbnails
sewing desk-2008_0820sewingdesk0012-jpg  sewing desk-2008_0820sewingdesk0007-jpg  sewing desk-2008_0820sewingdesk0010-jpg  sewing desk-2008_0820sewingdesk0011-jpg  sewing desk-2008_0820sewingdesk0006-jpg