Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Petrol contaminated with diesel

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Rod wrote:
My recent experience has been that some of the heaviest diesel vehicles
(artics and other heavy lorries) have been far, far less smokey than
many cars and vans, etc. (Buses I find to be quite variable in the good
to medium range.)

It is usually some poxy little car that makes me switch over to air
recirculation.

Pretty well any diesel that has been idling for a while - or driven gently
- will smoke badly when pushed. Hence the way the MOT is done for diesels.

Is that true for direct injection though?

No build up of fuel in the manifold etc..