Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default door frame "wedges"

Tanner-'op wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Hi,

I think I have seen plastic wedges you can buy to fit behind door
frames to make them plumb. What are they called so that I might buy
some?

https://www.screwfix.com/prods/35600...stic-Shims-100

Dave,

Bloody expensive items when all you need is a bit of wood and saw to
make your own (and you as a power-tool freak can even use a circular
saw to make 'em) - and absolutely useless when the opening is far
bigger than frame!
Tanner-'op

You miss the point matey. The SF ones are slotted so they drop over the
fixing and stay in place whatever you are doing - and you can stack them, so
if you had a 23mm gap you could use 3x6 & 1x5 and get things exactly right.

Expensive? At 6p each? Compared to the cost of fitting a door?

Price & cost are two very different things.

Wake up & smell the coffee!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk