Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
Vaughn Simon Vaughn Simon is offline

Default Honda generators

"zxcvbob" wrote in message

The refrigerator doesn't run all the time, it cycles on/off. And I /might/
not have to run the A/C. Even running a few hundred fewer RPM's for half the
runtime has got to be easier on the engine. I expect it will be running less
than 1000W most of the time, but I wonder if it has enough surge capacity (The
Yamaha 2400 is an honest 2000W inverter and it's rated 6000W for 3 seconds. I
like that. It also weighs a lot more; not sure if it can be shipped UPS
Ground.)

For what it is worth, I did some tests with a little 1000 watt Yamaha
inverter generator. It ran my big 'fridge with a few hundred watts left over
for computers and things. (In the defrost cycle however, it had to run full
blast with everything else disconnected.) I forget the exact results, but it
would run a normal refrigerator forever on a single gallon of gas. With that
unit, you could keep your food cold keep a few lights on & run your TV for the
evening on one gallon per day. It was so quiet that your neighbors would not
even know you had a generator. Amazing.

Vaughn