Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
z[_2_] z[_2_] is offline

Default Honda generators

Neon John wrote in
:

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 22:45:33 -0500, zxcvbob
wrote:

I almost bought a Honda EU2000i generator at the state fair 2 years
ago (best price I'd seen) but I passed on it, mostly because I'd taken
the bus to the fair and didn't want to wag the thing home on a bus.

Anyway, I'm getting interested in them again, and might buy one after
hurricane season is over and before winter (ice storm season) sets in.
But nobody lists their prices online. Is that a Honda thing? What is
the street price of a EU2000i -- ignoring the current Hurricane Ike
situation. Know any good dealers?

Yes, that's a honda thing. If your needs fit an inverter generator
(most people's don't), I recommend the Yamaha line, partially because
of the honda thing. The Yamahas are actually better units and Yamaha
doesn't have that same price-fixing attitude of honda.

I like the yamaha's too.. the newer ones. I got onto the honda only
because the yamaha I bought had a problem with the inverter when they
first came out with an inverter model. Much MUCH line noise. Yamaha
fixed that but by that time I was a honda guy.

If I was going to start out fresh I'd give the Yamaha a hard look no
doubt.