Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Mekon[_2_] Mekon[_2_] is offline

Default Near complete cradle

In article ,
Mekon wrote:
Yes I grew up with Dan Dare in the Eagle comics too.

me too

Back in the early days of the internet I was a heavy user of IRC and my
nick there started out as Dan Dare. Well, the reference was lost on
most Americans and it attracted the attention of a lot of gay guys. So
I changed to the dark side and became Mekon.

You could have chosen Sondar !

Hawke books did a set of reprints of the Dan Dare stories, mostly hard
back and nicely bound. I bought three or four down at Hay-on-Wye but have
not seen any more turn up in my annual pilgrimage down there. (actually I
think it is declining - possibly due to Ebay)

I bought another on Ebay but usually they go for more than I want to pay.

Stuart
(with a lot of catching up to do due to week holidaying in Ireland)

Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye out for them. I have a decent
collection of Biggles books (all 98!) so I appreciate juvenile fiction.

Mekon

--
Mekon