Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Honda generators (or a cheap substitute)

For occasional use disposable unit, ETQ makes one I really like. I got an
ETQ from Ebay for about $150, including shipping. Runs well enough to power
a very old furnace with about half HP blower motor. I was astounded how
quiet. And, it's about 55 pounds so I don't get a triple hernia trying to
lift it. 1000 watts or so, with one power socket. But, it's useful. I bet it
runs about 200 hours before it wears out, and then buy another one. But for
my use, that's 20 years of useful life. Mine gets maybe 10 hours a year of
run time.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tom Kendrick" wrote in message
I am looking at a generator in this WEIGHT range. I already have a
much heavier unit that takes a hoist to put into a vehicle. The Yamaha
YG2800i is what I want to acquire once they become available again. A
bit more power, a few more pounds but a bit less expensive for an
inverter-type unit than the Honda.
Tom