Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Filling a window sill

"stuart noble" wrote in message
news
George wrote:
"George (dicegeorge)" wrote in message
There are big gaps in my wooden window frames
where the wood has rotted-
but to fill it with car body filler would cost a lot of fivers,
so could I paint it with Cuprinol 5 star anti-rot
then fill it with expanding foam
then skim the surface with car body filler
or Polyfilla exterior filler or something similar
and then paint it?

So long as you paint it afterwards? a bag of Drywall adhesive goes a
long way it also goes rock hard and at the same time sandable.
Price is about £6.

Used it on my window sills and the sill looks good once painted. :-)

I wish you luck, but I don't think it has any real water resistance

Thats why we paint over it with a good Johnsons exterior paint. :-) and to
be honest has the car filler been proved to reflect water?