Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
z[_2_] z[_2_] is offline

Default Honda generators

zxcvbob wrote in news:6jglidF39225U1
@mid.individual.net:

I almost bought a Honda EU2000i generator at the state fair 2 years ago
(best price I'd seen) but I passed on it, mostly because I'd taken the
bus to the fair and didn't want to wag the thing home on a bus.

Anyway, I'm getting interested in them again, and might buy one after
hurricane season is over and before winter (ice storm season) sets in.
But nobody lists their prices online. Is that a Honda thing? What is
the street price of a EU2000i -- ignoring the current Hurricane Ike
situation. Know any good dealers?

I also can't find any specs on expected engine life of the little
Hondas. I know some of the really cheap 5000W generators are only

rated
about 500 hours, and you could burn that up in a month during an
extended power outage.

I've used eu2000s for a lot of years. I've had failures after 3-4 years
of around 6 - 10 hours a day use. And then it was usually just the
timing belt which you can fix. We used the crap out of them and they'll
keep starting, and the power is clean and they're quiet as hell... and
sip the fuel.

If you only need 2000 watts and can afford them they are the way to go.
I've had the best deals from my local honda dealer.

I'm a big fan of these gens.. and they're light .. basically they kick
ass.

I think I paid around a grand for the last one .. like $960 or something,
but this was several years ago.