Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Shedload of problems?

In message , Bill
writes
I was really hoping to level the ground, spread a small bed of tiny
pebbles and then plonk the shed floor on that, clip it together and
expect it to last about 20 or so years. It would be in a fairly
sheltered spot and I can make plywood anchors if necessary.

I doubt the actual material used in construction will have much impact
on rusting of stored metallic items. The problem is most likely
condensation from warm, moist air on cold metallic surfaces.

My centre lathe is housed in an unheated farm building and is prone to
rust unless kept covered by a simple dust sheet. I think the process is
one where a period of low overnight temperature is succeeded by a warm
damp morning leading to condensation on cold surfaces. I expect the dust
sheet traps a layer of relatively dry air.

Nice ploy on justifying an extra shed:-)

Is this sensible? Does anyone have any experience of resin sheds? Do
they fade and go brittle in light like so many plastics? Do they bend?
Can they be repaired with fibreglass or epoxy resin?

Don't know. Lots of plastic cars about.

regards
--
Tim Lamb