Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.philosophy,alt.slack,alt.obituaries
Steve Thompson Steve Thompson is offline

Default Is there any possibility that 250.000 eye-witnesses be ALLwrong?

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 10:17:02AM -0700, wrote:
[snip]
So while you're pretending there's an invisible man up in the sky to
pray to, you are also going to pretend that it is scientifically
proven, even though it's "impossible to prove or disprove".

Given the known facts about the cosmic disposition of God and prayer
in relation to everything else, the statements made above are entirely
rational, even if they do gloss over a few minor points.

Well at least your thought process is consistent, if absurd.

Not absurd, but perhaps psychotic and sociopathic. Let's not forget
`possibly suicidal' as well. In fact, you could probably win at DSM
bingo by using his Periodic Table of Psychosis card. Unfortunately,
that's just about what passes for normal around here, if you grant any
weight to the mutterings of the alt.slack political class.

It's only people like you who keep bringing these issues up again and
again. Most of us atheists have moved on from basic questions
concerning the divinity of Church icons and doctrinal matters of
faith. I can only assume that you prefer these kinds of argument
because they have the least liklihood of spurring any sort of
productive action in the world of practical undertakings.

Regards,

Steve

--
We haven't even begun yet to learn about the cosmos - we're at about
10% mark - if that. Anything more than two centuries old, are as the