Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Finnigan Simon Finnigan is offline

Default TOT

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
et...
On 17/09/2008 23:37, Derek Geldard wrote:

I know if you are *sedated* as opposed to aneasthetised they dose you
with an agent that makes you forget about the experience, and also
with an agent that makes you dis-interested in what's going on.

*BANG* -Oh he must be hammering something into my jaw.

*BANG* -Oh well.

*BANG* -Wonder what day it is, Im ever so tired.

I've had hammers, chisels and torque wrenches used on my jaws with just a
local anaesthetic, it was quite strange but not particularly unpleasant.

I`ve threatened one dentist with being thrown out of a window if he didn`t
stop when I told him to :-) I HATE dental work, had a very bad dentist when
I was a kid who really hurt me and ever since then I just don`t like them.
but as long as they and I know I`m in charge and can stop it I`m OK. If
they try to carry on after I mumble "ow" then it gets shouty :-)