Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default Paint or stain?

We are going to be getting new exterior doors to replace our 35 year
old doors. The original doors were wood and were stained on the
interior and exterior to match the trim on the inside of the house.

The new doors will be fiberglass and we are planning on staining the
interior to match the trim on the inside of the house but we want to
paint the exterior.

My question is what should I do with the edges? Do I paint them or do
I stain them? Is there a "correct" way or is it a personal
preference?

Thanks,
G.S.