Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Paint or stain?

We are going to be getting new exterior doors to replace our 35 year
old doors. The original doors were wood and were stained on the
interior and exterior to match the trim on the inside of the house.

The new doors will be fiberglass and we are planning on staining the
interior to match the trim on the inside of the house but we want to
paint the exterior.

My question is what should I do with the edges? Do I paint them or do
I stain them? Is there a "correct" way or is it a personal
preference?

Thanks,
G.S.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Gordon Shumway wrote:

We are going to be getting new exterior doors to replace our 35 year
old doors. The original doors were wood and were stained on the
interior and exterior to match the trim on the inside of the house.

The new doors will be fiberglass and we are planning on staining the
interior to match the trim on the inside of the house but we want to
paint the exterior.

My question is what should I do with the edges? Do I paint them or do
I stain them? Is there a "correct" way or is it a personal
preference?

Thanks,
G.S.

I don't know of any "correct" method. I would be inclined to do the
edges the same as the
interior, just to make sure no little errors will be visible on the
inside with the door shut.

more on paint/stain VOCs [email protected] Home Repair 10 September 17th 08 06:28 AM
Stain vs. Paint on Redwood [email protected] Home Repair 4 August 30th 07 03:17 PM
WAINSCOTING Paint or Stain? HMFIC-1369 Woodworking 2 September 21st 05 03:31 AM
Stain block paint Jim Scott UK diy 21 September 17th 05 04:49 PM
Solid stain vs. paint jay Home Repair 2 June 18th 05 02:01 PM