Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default How can I determine if magnetic starter (switch) on my Grizzly1023 is damaged?

Also there is a possibility that your juristiction may require the
cable to be 10-3 with ground. This would give you a black, red and
white wire in the cable along with the ground.

What do those jurisdictions require be done with the white wire which
won't bet connected to anything on either end?

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA

Tom

I am not sure what the jurisdictions and/or the NEC require for the
unused white wire. I see them cut back, just left hanging, taped back
and just pushed out of the way. I usually tape them back or cut them
back. Sometimes I find a wirenut on the white wire.

It is always nice to find a white wire to use for a neutral for a low
current use. Much more than a few amps and I run another hot from
another circuit breaker.

Just a note he
220 volt appliances now require a separate neutral, white wire, if
there are any 110 volt loads. Such as receptacles etc.

Bob AZ