Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri Cheri is offline

Default So long newsgroups...

RicodJour wrote in message ...
On Sep 17, 12:31 pm, wrote:
On Wed, 17 , RicodJour wrote:
On Sep 17, 10:34 am, wrote:

Conetnt from google posters is overall not very high in quality. I
guess if you are looking for quantity vs. QWuality, then google is
great. BTW - My usenet experience predates yours. BFD.

I apologize. I wasn't trying to get into a ****ing match with you - I
know you're full of ****! ~

My point was that I'm not a newb, I've tried a bunch of means to
access Usenet, and Google isn't as horrendous as people make it out to
be. Google groups does a pretty good job of deleting the spam before
I see it. I guess it's that they do a pretty lousy job of policing
the spamposters that are using Google Groups, and that's what ****es
people off.

If the OP, CLG, needs free access, well, GG is one way to go.

I used it for a few days while NewsGuy was making upgrades, and I
thought it was OK, though I don't really care much for the read
format, it's hard to keep track of for me, but I'm old.

Cheri