Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default TOT

Derek Geldard wrote:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 23:16:53 +0100, "sleepingtiger"
wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
.. .

I had to have a general anaesthetic on Saturday morning and as I was having
the injection, before they hooked me up with the tubes, I just crashed out
until he started to bring me round.

My question is, why didn't I have any dreams?

I think the aneasthetic stops that activity within the brain.

OTOH once just waking up from a general aneasthesia at the dentist I
remember thinking I had fallen asleep on a mediterranean beach.

It was the dentists light shining through my eyelids. 8-|

Dave

Maybe you did have dreams, but you don't remember.

I know if you are *sedated* as opposed to aneasthetised they dose you
with an agent that makes you forget about the experience, and also
with an agent that makes you dis-interested in what's going on.

*BANG* -Oh he must be hammering something into my jaw.

*BANG* -Oh well.

*BANG* -Wonder what day it is, Im ever so tired.

I have never been in that situation, so many thanks for your experience.

Dave