Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spamlet Spamlet is offline

Default Toilet seat not staying up?

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
news
Gareth wrote:
I can't find any solution to this problem - the toilet cistern seems
to be a bit too far forward for the seat to stay up.

I've tried altering the position of the fixings (and even lost a
double hole washer down the toilet in the process - and can't find
anywhere to buy a replacement!)

Has anyone else had the same problem and managed to solve it without
raising the cistern?

Change the toilet seat & lid. Rummage around in B&Q opening boxes till
you find a seat with multiple fixing points. These normally have three
threaded holes in the hinge so you can screw the bolts into the best fit &
also revolve to help in lining things up.

And, while he's rummaging, get a bit of stainless threaded rod to replace
the nasty rust buggers that come with all these fittings, and make a right
old mess that is a pain to deal with next time you want to adjust things.