Posted to alt.home.repair
Bach Bach is offline

Default Furnace/Dryer/Hot Water Tank Space Requirements

On Sep 16, 8:45*pm, "Rudy" wrote:
I'd guess that venting concerns would be the premier consideration..can you
tie in the exhaust stack to that of the furnace ?

As luck would have it, the chimney is kitty corner between the tank
and the furnace reducing the length of vent required. As it stands
now, the tank is in the middle of the basement and the vent literally
run 15 feet to the chimney requiring us to duck as we walk under or
risk getting a burned forehead. So not only does the provider an
improvement in space use, but I personally believe remove a personal
safety hazard.

Thanks to all that responded !!