Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Toilet seat not staying up?

Gareth wrote:
I can't find any solution to this problem - the toilet cistern seems to
be a bit too far forward for the seat to stay up.

I've tried altering the position of the fixings (and even lost a double
hole washer down the toilet in the process - and can't find anywhere to
buy a replacement!)

Has anyone else had the same problem and managed to solve it without
raising the cistern?

Just a thought - is the seat a thick wooden one? A thin plastic one
might work. The thinner the seat is, the further back the centre of mass
can go.

--
Rod

onset.