Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard Evans Richard Evans is offline

Default So long newsgroups...

"HeyBub" wrote:

CL "dnoyeB" Gilbert wrote:
Comcast decided to take this opportunity to shed services without
price. They are using the "they did it" excuse. So my newsgroup
service is going bye bye. The greed never stops.

To be fair, I would dump their ass for another company if I could. I
guess I am greedy too. Just you wait Comcast!

This group really saved me lots of pain and suffering.

Consult with your local 12-year old male.

Comcast may provide internet connectivity, but they don't have to be your
ISP. I use Comcast for internet connectivity but Earthlink is my ISP.
Earthlink, moreover, contracts out its newsgroup facilities to Giganews.

Earthlink is my ISP. Their high-speed access is provided via Time
Warner cable modem. Their newsgroups were not available when I was on
the road, so I subscribe to News.Individual.NET for about $16 per
year. They are based in Germany, so are free from the Bowdlerizing
nonsense that goes on other places. Also, the one time I had occasion
to write them about a problem with a restriction they had placed on
one of my favorite groups, I got a prompt reply from a real person. We
exchanged polite emails and they lifted the restriction.