Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default finding a buried A/C cable

SteveB wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
SteveB wrote:
Much ado about nothing. If the line is shallow, any metal detector will
probably find it depending on the operator. If deep, will be harder.
Dowse it, and be done in two minutes.

You do contract service work? I'd pay travel+fee if you can find several
lines of various types on the place here just to see it. You bat 100% you
win...

If you can't figure out how to bend two pieces of baling wire and do it
yourself, I doubt you could fill out the check.

Bending the wahr ain't the problem...I've never seen a response to
anything from them...

I'd pay to see if a claimant could actually find a non-trivial object.

The challenge is path of gas line from the main pipeline drop across the
farm yard.

Path of certain wiring in the feedlots and particularly locating break
in at least one.(*)

If those were solved, could come up w/ several others as well...

(*) Did locate initial break to within a foot or so w/ a buddy and his
cable locater. Took a couple hours and we weren't that certain even
then but got (sorta') lucky that his guess of highest intensity was in
about the right location. The sucker is buried nearly waist deep.

It has since that repair failed again and I've borrowed the detector and
can't tell a thing--my hearing isn't what it once was.

The couple of folks who claim they can do this your way couldn't even
tell where the wire was, what more find the break.