Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Curtis Brown Curtis Brown is offline

Default radio in my car works fine for 10min and after that dies

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi All,

A couple weeks ago my radio in my ford fiesta started to behave very
strangely.

After around 10-15min of driving, the radio signal became weaker and
weaker and at the end I couldn't listen to any station at all. When I
stop the car and it has a little bit of break then again I can listen
to the radio but after a short period of time is loses ability to
catch any signal again.

The interesting thing is that when I try listen to any radio in LW
(long waves) mode it doesn't have the same problem. CD player also
works fine.

I wonder what it could be. Is there any chance if I restart it somehow
it will work fine again or I just need to go to a ford service
company?

Please advice.

Many thanks,
Richard

Sounds to me like you don't know anything about FM Radio. Just because
Longwave can travel great distances doesn't mean that FM radio can. Of
course it's going to fade out as you drive farther away from the
transmitter. FM carries more data than AM and therefore it doesn't travel as
far.