Posted to alt.home.repair
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default drilling frickin brick

On Sep 16, 2:23*pm, z wrote:

naturally; three of the holes and screws work fine, the fourth
hole..... drill comes to a dead stop maybe 3/16 inch in and just sits
there getting hot. is it dull? i try it out on a spare brick, drills
right into it fine, so no, it's not dull. i assume there's a diamond
or something embedded in the brick just where i want to drill.

Are the other 3 screws holding the cover plate OK, is the issue just
cosmetic? If that's the case, I'd just cut the head off the 4th screw
and epoxy it to the cover plate. Otherwise...I got nothin'.

Jerry