Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] gobofraggle@gmail.com is offline

Default Painting the Transition Between Drywall and Plaster

On Sep 16, 12:19*pm, Norminn wrote:
Norminn wrote:
wrote:

After extensive plaster ceiling repairs, where my ceiling meets the
walls, there is a transition between plaster (ceilings) and drywall
(walls) about one foot down on the walls. *After painting with flat
latex paint, the painted plaster on the upper walls appears lighter
and shinier than the painted drywall (lower down on the walls). *This
is especially so right where the wall meets the ceiling, where I've
used a brush (rather than a roller) to cut-in. *(Of course, the
plaster is much smoother than the drywall.)

Is there anything I could do to minimize the transition between the
plaster and the drywall in terms of painted finish/texture? *Someone
suggested using a thicker nap roller on the plaster to create some
texture that would match the "orange peel" appearance of the drywall.

Any advice?

The plaster is new? *Primed? *The drywall is old, previously painted?

And.........did the plaster cure for at least a month?

The room is totally painted, so I really can't go back and repaint the
whole room with the Sheetrock product. I am willing, though, to go
over the area where the ceiling meets the wall. Should I just keep
recoating until the tones match? What about brushstrokes, as compared
to the texture a roller leaves?