Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman Bruce L. Bergman is offline

Default OT since it isn't political. inner tubes

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 13:04:55 -0700, "Stuart Fields"
wrote:

Thanks to all. I found a tube for $12 and this is going into my spare.
This van never gets above 50 and is used to haul garbage to the dump some 8
miles away. I will say the electrics and the paint with this 36 year old
vehicle are holding up much better than my 11 year old Dodge pickup. The
302 Ford engine is nearing 200,000.
Another question popped up: 8ply trailer tires. What is the down side of
useing them? I can find them in the 225x75D15 size for reasonable costs.

They'll work, but Not going to stick (corner or stop) worth a darn.
And if the van doesn't need 8-ply, they'll ride like a buckboard.

Trailer tires are designed for going in a straight line or taking
passive cornering without squirming, and a very hard ozone-resistant
compound for long life over performance.

Go look for a set of nice take-off Light Truck tires, and leave
Special Trailer tires to trailers.

-- Bruce --