Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Fields Stuart Fields is offline

Default OT since it isn't political. inner tubes

"Steve W." wrote in message
Stuart Fields wrote:
I find myself with a 72 Ford van that has 225X75R15 tires. The tread is
good but the tubeless things don't hold much air. 15" tires seem to have
gone the way of the Dodo. I would like to try some inner tubes but have
had trouble finding those also. Any sources for inner tubes that would
fit my tires?

Just toss some 235/75 R 15s on it. They are available just about anywhere.
I just tossed 8 of them with legal tread yesterday. (put new ones on both
vehicles in preparation for the upcoming weather)

If yours are leaking down and it isn't rusted bead leaks or bad valve
stems they are failing and will get worse. Tubes are available for radial
tires BUT they are about 20-30 bucks each and cause the tire to wear
faster because of the extra heat generated while using them.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Thanks to all. I found a tube for $12 and this is going into my spare.
This van never gets above 50 and is used to haul garbage to the dump some 8
miles away. I will say the electrics and the paint with this 36 year old
vehicle are holding up much better than my 11 year old Dodge pickup. The
302 Ford engine is nearing 200,000.
Another question popped up: 8ply trailer tires. What is the down side of
useing them? I can find them in the 225x75D15 size for reasonable costs.

Stu