Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default OT since it isn't political. inner tubes

Stuart Fields wrote:
I find myself with a 72 Ford van that has 225X75R15 tires. The tread is
good but the tubeless things don't hold much air. 15" tires seem to have
gone the way of the Dodo. I would like to try some inner tubes but have had
trouble finding those also. Any sources for inner tubes that would fit my
tires?

Just toss some 235/75 R 15s on it. They are available just about
anywhere. I just tossed 8 of them with legal tread yesterday. (put new
ones on both vehicles in preparation for the upcoming weather)

If yours are leaking down and it isn't rusted bead leaks or bad valve
stems they are failing and will get worse. Tubes are available for
radial tires BUT they are about 20-30 bucks each and cause the tire to
wear faster because of the extra heat generated while using them.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York