Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clint Sharp Clint Sharp is offline

Default Petrol contaminated with diesel

In message , Roger
writes
Is there any use for petrol contaminated with diesel?

I once burnt less than half a pint of petrol that had been lurking in a
meths bottle and there is no way I am going to burn a larger quantity.

Leave it and decant the diesel off. It separates out after a while and a
little petrol in the diesel won't do any harm unless it's used in a
common rail diesel engine.

A little diesel in the petrol won't do any harm to a strimmer or other
petrol powered thing although I don't know what it will do to a cat
equipped vehicle (I suspect not a lot but....).
--
Clint Sharp