Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Flashlight bulbs (E what?)

Vasos Panagiotopoulos wrote:
Ok, but my question is what is the socket. Radio Shack sell sthis bulb
(which was for my bike)
as incandescent as "standard flashlight bulb". I appreciate the
scemantics, but what is the socket for this bulb he
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

Thanks

Not sure what is your question; but if you click the 'features' tab (not
the 'tech specs' tab) on the page above, you get the voltage and the
description of the base as 'threaded'. IME, that threaded base fits a
threaded socket which is universal for flashlights...that are threaded.
One size fits all, regardless of voltage (2.4 in this case) or other
parameters.

Interestingly enough, the 'features' tab also lists an average life of
just five hours. A new bulb at each battery change....?

jak